Updated March 30, 2021
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
2. Information We Collect
Jungo+ may collect the following information from or about you, including personal information, from the following sources:
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide to us. For instance, when you register to use the Jungo+ Services, we may collect identifiers and personal information including your name, email address, credit card or other payment method information, address, ZIP code, characteristics such as your age (birth date) and gender, and other information. In addition, Jungo+ may collect similar information you provide to us when you respond to surveys or interactive ad units, contact Jungo+ through customer service or communicate with us by other means, or participate in promotions or events. We may also collect information you provide as part of selecting your preferences, including within your account settings, and commercial information.
Usage, Technical and Log Data. We collect information when you use the Jungo+ Services or interact with Jungo+, including when you view Jungo+ advertising outside of the Jungo+ Services. We may collect information from and about the browser or device you’re using and information about your internet or other electronic network activity, including through analytics tools and the technologies described below (“Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies”). This information may include your IP address, device type, browser and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), geolocation data (which may include precise location data), referral URLs, network state, device identifiers or other unique identifiers such as advertising identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”) and identifiers associated with browser cookies (see our description of “Cookies and Local Storage” below), and carrier information. We also collect information about your activity on the Jungo+ Services including information about the content you view on Jungo+ such as series titles and episode names (“Viewing Information”), page views, and ads you have viewed on Jungo+.
Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use various technologies to collect usage data and store preferences. These technologies are discussed below.
- Cookies and Local Storage. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the Jungo+ Services or Jungo+ advertising published outside of the Jungo+ Services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Jungo+ Services, and to customize Content and advertising. These uses allow us to improve the Jungo+ Services. We may create a unique device or user ID for you and store it in a cookie so we can customize your experience based on your preferences.
We may collect information through other kinds of local storage (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, including in connection with features such as volume/mute settings for the Video Player. Because these technologies are similar to browser cookies, they are sometimes called “browser cookies,” even though they may be stored in different parts of your computer.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Please note that disabling cookies or deleting information contained in cookies or Flash cookies may interfere with the performance and features of the Jungo+ Services, including not being able to store your preferences or login information.
- Web Beacons, Pixels and mobile SDKs. In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies such as web beacons or pixel tags, which can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, to collect certain types of information from your browser or device, check whether you have viewed a particular web page, ad, or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Content, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Content was viewed. We may also use or work with third parties including our business partners and service providers who use mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) to collect information, such as advertising identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”) and information related to how mobile devices interact with the Jungo+ Services.
Account and Profile Data from Third-Party Services. If you choose to log-in, access or otherwise connect to the Jungo+ Services, or contact Jungo+ through a third-party service, we may, for example, collect identifiers including your user ID and user name associated with that service, as well as any information you make public using that service. We may also collect information you have authorized the service to share with us (such as your user ID, billing information, public profile information, email address, birthday, pages you have “liked” and other account and profile data).
Information from Partners and Other Sources. We collect information from companies through which you may access or interact with the Jungo+ Services (e.g., distribution partners, including device partners and voice assistant platforms) or through which you pay for the Jungo+ Services or otherwise receive access to the Jungo+ Services as part of your relationship with such company (e.g., mobile phone carriers, smart television providers, or other companies that provide services to you). The information we collect from these partners may include email address and other identifiers that support authentication, activation, and personalization of the Jungo+ Services, as well as payment processing and other billing-related matters. We may also collect information about you from other sources, including service providers (e.g., data licensors, research and analytics companies, and payment processors), public databases, our marketing partners, and advertisers. This may include information (whether identifiable, de-identified or anonymous, and whether collected online or offline) about your interests, demographic data, purchasing behavior, and your activities online (such as websites visited and advertisements viewed).
3. Use of Information We Collect
Use in General. We use the information we collect from or about you in order to help deliver a first-class user experience, including for the following purposes:
- providing the Jungo+ Services, including customer support;
- contacting and communicating with you, including for promotions, updates, and notifications;
- customizing the Content and advertising you view and evaluating how well the Content and advertising perform;
- administering surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and other promotional activities or events;
- customizing recommendations;
- operating and optimizing the Jungo+ Services, such as by conducting analytics and research;
- compiling aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- protecting your and our rights and complying with legal obligations;
- any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or that is related to a request made by you.
Use of Precise Location Data. In order to access certain Jungo+ Services from your computer or mobile device, you may be required to share your device’s precise location data (e.g., latitude and longitude) with us. In addition to providing you with certain Jungo+ Services, this also enables us to serve you Content related to your local area such as news and sports, depending on your subscription. This data may also be used to tailor advertising to you based on your location.
4. Sharing Information with Others
We may share information collected from or about you with others, including business partners, social networking services, service providers, advertisers, and other companies that are not affiliated with Jungo+, for the purposes described below.
Partners. We work with a number of business partners who help us offer the Jungo+ Services, including, for example, our content programmers, distributors and device partners, and corporate owners. We may share information collected from or about you with such business partners, including email address, Viewing Information, information about the ads you view on Jungo+ and account or device information (e.g., age, gender, device type, IP address, ZIP code, advertising identifiers). This information may be shared for different purposes depending on the partner, including for reporting and analytics, activating, administering, and improving and personalizing your experience with Jungo+ or such partner, including by providing you with more tailored content, features, and ads on Jungo+ as well as on other platforms and services. We may also engage with companies from time to time to provide you joint promotional offers and opportunities and may share with these companies data you provide or that is collected in connection with those offers (e.g., name and mailing address to fulfill a giveaway).
Service Providers. We may share information collected from or about you with companies that provide services to us, our business partners, and advertisers, including companies that assist with payment processing, analytics, data processing and management (e.g., to facilitate our targeted advertising and marketing efforts), account management, hosting, customer and technical support, marketing, advertising , measurement, and other services. The categories of information that we share with service providers will vary depending on the types of services they provide. For example, we share payment information with our third-party payment processor to assist us in our billing efforts, email addresses with our marketing service providers to assist with our email campaigns, and IP address, hashed emails, and advertising identifiers with service providers to assist in our advertising and marketing efforts.
Audience Measurement Providers. Our business partners, such as content programmers, as well as our advertisers, seek to measure the performance of their creative material across many platforms, including the Jungo+ Services. Accordingly, Jungo+ may permit the use of third-party measurement software that enables third parties to use information collected from or about you (e.g., Viewing Information, ad exposure data, IP address, advertising identifiers) to include your viewing on the Jungo+ Services in calculating measurement statistics such as TV Ratings.
Third Parties in Connection with Certain Transactions. If we sell all or part of our business, make a transfer of assets, or otherwise might be involved in a change of control transaction, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer information from or about you to one or more third parties as part of the transaction, including the due diligence process.
5. Your Controls and Choices, Including Opt-Out Options
You have the following controls and choices regarding how we and third parties use certain information collected from or about you.
Opt-Out from Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Jungo+ by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in a particular promotional communication. Please note that you cannot opt out from receiving all communications from Jungo+, including administrative messages, service announcements, and messages regarding the terms and conditions of your account because those may contain important information. You can choose to receive push notifications from Jungo+ on your device and can use your device’s settings to turn them off.
Opt-Out from Collection of Precise Location Data from Your Mobile Device. You can opt out of our collection of precise location data from your mobile device in your device settings, for example, by disabling “Location Services” for the Jungo+ application in your iOS device’s settings. Please note that by opting out of our collection of precise location data, your access to the Jungo+ Services on your mobile device may be limited depending on your subscription.
6. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, the following additional rights may be available to you.
- California residents may request information regarding Jungo+’s disclosure of personal information (such as your name and contact information) to third parties who wish to contact you or send you promotional information about their products and services directly (as compared to when the third party is acting on our behalf or you have provided your personal information as part of a co-promotion by Jungo+ and the third party). If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of information regarding our disclosure to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, please send us a letter at Attention: Legal Department, JungoTV, LLC, 4605 Lankershim Blvd. Suite 720, North Hollywood, CA 91602
- If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of the Jungo+ services, you may request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted on the Jungo+ services. To make this request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a detailed description of the specific content or information you would like to remove. Please note that this removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the Jungo+ services by you as there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal.
- Beginning January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with additional rights as described below. Please note your right to know and right to delete are subject to certain exceptions under the CCPA.
- Disclosures About Your Personal Information
- We collect the following categories of personal information, as defined in the CCPA, from or about you and may have disclosed this information for a business purpose:
- Identifiers, such as your name, IP address, email, and other similar identifiers;
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records provision, such as payment information;
- Characteristics about you, such as age and gender;
- Commercial information, such as the Jungo+ plan(s) you purchase;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your viewing activity on Jungo+;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or other similar information; and
- Inferenced based on the information we collect from or about you which we use to better understand your preferences and behavior, including to customize Content and advertising for you.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you as well as information about how we collect, use, disclose, and “sell” personal information.;
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request the deletion of personal information that we collect or maintain about you and your account. Please note that requesting deletion will require the cancellation and deletion of your account which, upon completion, cannot be undone.
- How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
- We provide these rights, subject to a verifiable consumer request, to account holders regarding personal information collected by us in connection with your account, including any profiles. To submit a request to exercise these rights, please send us an email at email@example.com. You will be required to verify your request via your Jungo+ account credentials and/or by other means.
- If you are not a registered user of the Jungo+ services and do not have Jungo+ account credentials, please note we have limited information about you. You will be required to verify your request, including by providing your name and the email that you believe we have collected about you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make such a request.
- You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Please have your authorized agent send an email to email@example.com and include a signed and notarized document confirming the authorization of the agent to act upon your behalf.
- If you choose to exercise any of these rights, you will not receive different prices or quality of services unless permitted by applicable law, including if those differences are reasonably related to your information. For example, if you exercise your right to opt out of “sale”, the ads you view may not be as tailored to your interests.
7. Security and Account Access
The security of your information is important to us. We use a variety of physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. For example, we take steps to limit access to sensitive information from or about you to those Jungo+ employees, agents, and contractors who have a legitimate business reason to access such information. We also use measures like encryption and hashing to help protect sensitive information when in transmission.
Despite these efforts, please note that there is always a possibility that a breach in data transmission or storage may occur and we cannot guarantee the security of any information from or about you 100% of the time.
Please note that if you allow others to use your account (including others you permit to set up profiles under your account), they may be able to view information about your account or any of the profiles under your account, including information about the videos you view and your email address.
Children under 13 years of age are not permitted to register with Jungo+. The Jungo+ Services are not intended to be used by children without involvement and approval of a parent or guardian.
9. Deleting Your Jungo+ Account
10. Applicable Law
Jungo+ is headquartered in the U.S. By viewing any Content or otherwise using the Jungo+ Services, you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. to the extent applicable, and the collection, storage, and processing of information under U.S. laws.
12. Questions/Contacting Us
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Attention: Legal Department
4605 Lankershim Blvd. Suite #720
North Hollywood, CA 91602